A Little Bit About Me
I have been described by friends and family as being easy to talk to, fun to be around, a good listener, honest, hard working and chilled out. One of my pet hates is that I detest conflict and will almost always do my best to avoid. Like any human being, I do have my positives and areas that I need to work or improve on - both personally and religiously. I do value each and every day that I live and try to make the most of it as time is a limited resource as once it is lost, its gone.
I am mixed race (was born and bred in Scotland - mother is Scottish and father is Iraqi. I am currently based out in the UAE (Dubai to be precise) where I work as a teacher and have been based here for the last 9 years.
Aside from my academic qualifications, I am also a qualified Qari or reciter of Our'an and have Ijazah in this area. I learnt the art of Tajweed and reciting Qur'an correctly and beautifully under many world renowned reciters of Qur'an.
The following are some of my hobbies and interests:
- I love cooking and trying out new recipes
- I am a big foodie 😀😀
- I have to admit that I'm a bit of a gymaholic and like to keep fit
- I love travelling and exploring new places and cultures. Also love going for long walks
- I do have an adventurous/thrill seeking side to me which I like to connect to from time to time. The last of which was zip lining across the Dubai Marina. However, I am gearing up for my first ever skydive insha Allah
- I'm also a bit of a movie buff. I really do enjoy watching a good movie, especially on the big screen
- I love cycling and when I get a chance, I do like to play badminton and squash from time to time
- I love socialising with family and friends
What I Am Looking For
Ultimately, I am looking for someone who clicks with me and I with them. Compatibility is really important as I want this person to not only be my wife but my best friend too. Looks are important as I do feel there has to be an element of physical attraction, however, I am more drawn to the inner characteristics that a person possesses as looks will one day fade away and as such, it is really what is inside that counts to me above all.
If you've read the 'A little About Me' section and think that you and I have similar interests, do get in touch :)